Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weirdness and a Little Bit of Hope

So yeah. My shift was almost over this afternoon, and the second to last customer I helped was the most interesting of the day by far. Basically we got into a little conversation about humans all having a common ancestor from Africa, and lava forming the paradise of Hawaii. Then we got into there being no such thing as race except the human race and the color of your skin only has to do with where your ancestors were from. He shook my hand and walked away with his newspaper. It was random but nice to meet someone talk about evolution and everyone all being equal. Taking that cultural anthropology class last spring I think made me a lot more open and tolerant. I didn't believe or even realize that no-race concept before.


I was also reading some reviews on Amazon about some boy band CDs and how they are junk. The same things are said about Hannah Montana and the High School Musical 2 soundtrack, but I listened to that for a while. I say screw the rest. If you like it, listen to it. Who cares. There is no such dividing line that distinguishes good music from bad. Somewhere in the world someone likes it, and as long as someone enjoys it, it's music.

Basically I don't care what you do, what you believe in, where you're from, and what you look like. Just don't bug me and hurt anyone else. Everyone should be happy, right?


I'm such an idealist...

No comments: