Saturday, February 23, 2008

How Odd

So...the world is full of coincidences. Last year around this time I was stocking some candy on one of the check stands, and an older lady asked if I was open. I said no, sorry. Then she looked at me and asked, "Christie?" And my response was to think if I should know her. It was Mrs. Brown! Jon, Jeanine, and I met her when we were 13 playing the Ouija board one day during spring break. She asked about Jon and how he was doing and was glad to know I was well. I cannot believe she remembered us for so long. When I saw Jon a few weeks, I told him, and he was surprised, too. She didn't ask about Jeanine, so I wonder why she only remembers us. I see her at the store a lot still. I sold her some lotto tickets tonight, and I saw her at Walmat on Tuesday when I was with my mom returning something. We met her eight years ago. Crazy.

Then a few weeks ago I find out my neighbor for six years and also a customer at the store is the mother-in-law of my history professor from last semester. She's lived here for about as long as we have. I saw her at Ralphs in December, and we were all ,"We were never here..." I was getting into my car, and she just said hi, thinking I was familiar. Then we realized where we knew each other from. I was going back to work from my lunch I think two weeks ago, and she walks into the street and stops me. That was when we found out we were neighbors. Another customer lives just down the street near the mailboxes. My brother bought goped parts from her EMT son. Small world.

No comments: