Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Blog of My Least Favorite Year So Far

Tonight, according to a lot of the world and the Gregorian calendar, is New Year's Eve. We transition tomorrow into 2011 CE and begin anew or at least promise to anyway. So far this year has pretty much sucked. 2009 was better, but these last 365 days had their good spots. I made two new friends and spent some time with my manager/friend outside of work. I started UCR. I still have my job and health, and my family is mostly well, too. But there is plenty of room for things to be better. As I am sometimes a sucker for the cliche, I have some things I want to start doing differently. They mostly involve seriously getting ready for grad school and getting back in the shape I was in five years ago. You could say those are my New Year's resolutions. I also want to work on finishing my stories and actually get some of that done this time. I need to become more disciplined. That right there is the root of most of my issues and the reason for the changes I want to make.

So here's to another year or being safe, sane, and successful. There is so much more to come, and I want to get there more than anything. I know I can do it. I just need to stick to my plan. This year I know things will finally work out in my favor. And you know what? Having to work in the bakery for a while will be kind of fun.

No comments: