Monday, December 20, 2010

I'll spread my wings and fly

"Home will always be here unseen, out of sight
Where I disappear and hide
I daydream of things as I'm waving goodbye
So I'll spread out my wings and fly

I'll spread my wings and fly..."

Since I have recently kind of become obsessed with Pokemon again, this part of "Umbrella Beach" by Owl City reminds me of Ash. At the end of every region, he goes back home to rest and figure out what to do next. He knows his mom and the professor and his Pokemon will always be there waiting for him. Then he sets out again to continue on, always looking forward to reaching his goal and the battles along the way. The spreading wings part is like he's growing up and making his own way, establishing a name for himself (even though according to canon he is still 10 after 13 years).

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there.

No comments: