Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Canon, my way

So here it is official and final: the canon of both Tenchi Muyo! and Dragonball Z for my epic crossover The Triad Saga

Dragonball Z

-Majin Buu saga happens as normal

-The Broly movies don't happen, even though Gohan made a joke about them in Triad: Revelations.

-Gohan is the legendary Super Saiyan, something not mentioned in the series as the Broly movies don't occur.

Tenchi Muyo!

-Tenchi Muyo! OVAs 1 and 2 happen, and Daughter of Darkness occurs not as an offshoot in a manga series based on OVA 1 alone but after the fight with Clay and the visit of Azusa and his wives.

-OVA 3 DOES NOT occur (since it wasn't out when I started, and it contradicts what I had in mind too much to be incorporated plus Kiyone is in my story, even though she is not a character in the OVA at all.

-Tenchi Muyo! in Love is not part of the continuity of Tenchi Universe and instead happens before Mayuka arrives (simply because I needed a bonding point namely time travel for the lead boys to relate over. This means his mother is Achika I guess and not Kiyone Masaki (not to be confused with Kiyone, the GP detective).


Both series are AU since they could not exist together in the same dimension, as I forced to be true. Also, the gangs keep in touch after the battle and stay friends. Plus Tenchi actually does choose one and not marry all of them as originally intended by K-sensei.

No comments: