Thursday, March 20, 2008

Simple Things

"I'm torn between what I know and what I dream." - Armin Van Buuren ft. Justine Suissa, "Simple Things" from Shivers.

I was thinking in the shower this morning about stuff like I usually do because it's such a good place to think as long as you're not rushed. That line popped into my head. Then while I was in the classroom I visit to do fieldwork I was scribbling and thinking as their passing period was in progress. I know I need a real job to get by in this life, and I want to be a teacher more than anything else ever, even going to Hyrule or being with Jon as more than just friends. But I also have always said I wanted to be a published writer someday. Both of those are dreams, but the second is impractical and would not be a way to support myself.

That explains the quote, and I felt like just putting that out there so I can remember what I was thinking today.

No comments: