Thursday, December 20, 2007

Personal Timeline, part three

1999/2000: I become obsessed with everything Pokemon, even trading great cards for a five dollar magazine. I also let Jon rip me off in trades a few times and lose my Zelda figures. Our friends Zuhay and Zuleyma move back to Mexico, and we never hear from them again. On spring break, we find a tree with the face of Dampe and thus begins HR. We also befriend Jeanine and Jose and make our own little group. Jon and I rig the voting for eighth grade favorites in newspaper, but the issue never gets published. He and I start writing Zelda/Pokemon crossover stories. We all graduate to high school.

2000/01: We continue with HR and the four or us. One day when I was mad at Jon I started a massive everything crossover from the Powerpuff Girls to DBZ to Zelda and Tenchi Muyo. It will eventually become more than eight hundred pages long. Jeanine also tries to get us together, which fails miserably. I take Latin and meet Christine, and she and Jeanine become best friends. We become friends with Wyatt, too. That summer we all hang out everyday and make a movie that is Jon and Christine's collaborative vision. It sucks, but it's fun. We become the bike gang with messenger bags and are jumped by the VPC, a lame gang from our suburban neighborhood. They steal our red stuff.

2001/02: Christine and I compete for the smartest in our science class, even though she never does the homework and still does as well as me. My dad goes into the hospital for eight months, and my half sister gets married. The group grows in members but is broken by the end of the school year. I meet Andrea in my Latin class, and she likes anime and electronic music the same as me. I get into trance via Best of Trance Volume 2 and ATB. My family moves to our new house about a mile away, but I choose to stay at Etiwanda because they have Latin and my friends are there. Christine moves away.


2002/03: My dad moves in with us when he gets out of the hospital, but all I do is fight with him. I also almost fail my first class ever (pre-calculus) and drop it and take nothing instead. Tuesday through Thursday I scooter to Wyatt's house in the mornings and walk with him to school. The other two days my mom doesn't have work and drives me. He ditches class one day, and we walk home "hobo style" with a shopping cart full of junk from the "forest."Jon goes to Vally View, and we see each other less. My dad moves out into his own place before Christmas. Zelda: Windwaker comes out, and I preorder it to get the special edition disc. Jon and I try dating for a month, but it fails because it felt like friendship still. Wyatt and Amanda go out for three months. That summer I try pot for the first time, and I get drunk for the first time on 03/03/03.

No comments: