Thursday, September 20, 2012

Resume Update

So! Yesterday, I called my grandma and found out there is an employment resource center in her town (my old hometown). My one uncle and his wife went and got help with their resumes. She suggested me and my other uncle, a recent college grad in accounting, could go with her and get the same help. Sounds cool, huh? (And this is free, provided for the public and paid for by tax dollars, yet another example of what our tax money goes for.)

However, I really didn't feel like going to day when I got up. Feeling guilty and like today was going to be another waste, I decided to search once more for some help online. And what do ya know, I found some really helpful, more specific information. In just over an hour, I had put together my first ever resume. I know I still have to work on it and will probably need to make different versions for the positions I am seeking, but now I have something written...er, typed down. Yay me.

I also found out some helpful information for my uncle based on what he majored in and the kind of position he wants to have. My grandma was happy on both notes, and for once I haven't been a lazy bum.

That is all.

No comments: