Sunday, April 6, 2008

Indescribable

I got an email alert from FanFiction.Net today. Someone added GS Distress II, my second Pokemon fic, to their favorites list. No matter how much I think it sucks and could be revised, someone else liked it enough. I felt humbled, and it feels good to know that some people like your creative outlet and storytelling. It's a welling-up type feeling, the same kind I get when I think about being a teacher. It's almost overwhelming sometimes, especially when I am pleased with my writing or am suddenly motivated either all of over again or even more so.

Despite being broke and having no time for a social life, these things make me so happy I forget about that.

You gotta smile sometimes. Life can be really good to you when you stop feeling sorry for yourself and forget your problems for happier thoughts.

No comments: