Thursday, July 8, 2010

Battle for the Future?

I think not.

iPhone 4, 3DS, or PSP?

Not much to say except that the iPhone will never be competition for true hand held systems no matter how great they design the phone for gaming. Many (like me) are turned off by the fact that you have to sign on with AT&T to use it. Plus after having a Droid for a short three months, I would stay away from the iPhone, even if it came to Verizon. The other two are designed for gaming and appeal to folks from the casual crowd (my mom wants one) to the hardcore gamer. Apple is getting a little too big for itself it seems, and there are plenty of iSheep (borrowed term, not mine) who will go out and get whatever shiny new thing Apple puts out no matter how pointless (iPad anyone?).

Besides, the 3DS isn't even out yet, and Sony is still going strong with its original PSP. I honestly cannot see developers ever completely jumping ship to hop on board with a phone no matter who makes it.

No comments: